An Ontario High-School Diploma (OSSD) or its equivalent OR Mature Student Status.
A sincere desire to learn the foundations and principles of Eastern Medicine and grow as a practitioner.
Experience receiving acupuncture from a Registered Practitioner or in a Student Acupuncture Clinic.
Successfully completed an interview with a program administrator.
Students are not required to have any previous background in sciences or therapeutic training. Every diploma program offered at AIM Academy incorporates training from the ground up. Exemptions are always considered.
Professionals / Transfer Students
Depending on your previous education, you may be eligible for advanced standing which could reduce tuition for some programs.Please contact our Admissions Department to discuss your situation on: (416) 323-1818 ext. 202, Toll free 1-800-263-1703 ext. 202.
Our classes and clinics are conducted in English. You must be fluent enough to comprehend your instructors and clinic clients as well as the texts and other written material, and be able to complete written and oral assignments. If your first language is not English, we will assess your English-language capabilities in the interview process. You may be required to submit a TOEFL exam in which you received a passing grade, and demonstrate satisfactory written/oral comprehension of English.
How to Apply
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to apply to our acupuncture school:
- 1. Complete and submit the application form. Make sure to provide accurate and up-to-date information, including your personal details, educational background, and work experience.
- 2. Contact your High-School or post-secondary institution for an original copy of your transcript. Request an official transcript from your High School or post-secondary institution to be sent to us directly.
- 3. Print the medical form and have a full physical and TB test done by your doctor. Download and print the medical form from our website. Schedule an appointment with your doctor to complete the physical exam and TB test. Submit the completed medical form to our admissions office.
- 4. If applicable, go through the exemption process and cross-reference the curriculum with your course outlines. If you have previously completed courses related to acupuncture or traditional Chinese medicine, you may be eligible for course exemptions. Cross-reference our curriculum with your course outlines and submit any relevant transcripts or documents to our admissions office.
- 5. We will contact you for an interview. Once we have received your application, transcripts, medical form, and any relevant documents, we will review your application and schedule an interview with you. This may be conducted in person or via phone or video call.
- 6. Audit classes. You may have the opportunity to audit classes prior to starting the program. This will give you a chance to get a feel for our curriculum and teaching style and help you prepare for the program.
- Properly completed application form.
- Transcripts from High School / post-secondary institution attended or proof of Mature Student Status. Transcripts must be sent directly to AIM Academy from the issuing institution to be official."
- Completed medical form filled out by your family physician indicating that you have received a full physical within the last year and that you are in good physical and general health, that you are free from communicable diseases and your tuberculosis status within the last year.
- Application fee of $25.
Once we have received your application, application fee, and required documents, we will contact you to schedule an interview. This interview will give you an opportunity to learn more about our school and for us to get to know you better.
Please present the original following identification documents:
- Photo identifications (e.g. driver's license, passport, age of majority card)
- Birth certificate
- Social Insurance Number card
- Note: Copies or photos of identification documents will not be accepted. You must present the original documents for consideration.
After the interview, we will review your application and make an admission decision. You will be notified within 30 days of the interview as to your acceptance into the program. Upon acceptance, you will be required to sign an Application for Enrolment form, to confirm your tuition payment plan, and to submit a $500 non-refundable registration fee, which is part of the student's tuition fee.