Chinese Medicine Series: Living in Harmony with the Four Seasons - Fall
Do you ever wonder:
- Why do I feel good in certain seasons of the year and sick in other seasons?
- Why is my mood and energy affected by the weather and my environment so much?
- What does Chinese Medicine wisdom teach about health in relation to the four seasons?
- Can I better prepare myself for the changes in the seasons so that I would feel healthier?
In the 4 part Chinese Medicine series, we will discuss about why we get sick and how to prevent illnesses by being proactive in improving our vital energy (Qi) to support our Spirit (Shen) through the cultivation of our essence (Jing). Lectures will cover the topics of:
- What to be aware of and to avoid in each season
- Emotional and mental blocks that exist during each season
- Seasonal foods in Chinese Medicine
- Qi gong exercises to improve our Qi circulation
- Developing a healthy mind and attitude towards each season.
Sunday, September 16, 2018
2pm - 5pm
Cost: $75 + HST
455 Spadina Ave, Suite 300, Toronto ON, M5S 2G8
Please call 416-323-1818 ex. 200 to register. Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard or in person using cash or interac. Registrations are taken on a first come, first serve basis. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Cancellations made by the student on or before two weeks prior to the course start date will result in a $35 cancellation fee. Student cancellations made after that date will not receive a refund.
Instructor: RICHARD KWAN, BSc, R.TCMP, R.Ac
Richard completed the 4-year Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) program at the Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TSTCM). He lectured extensively at TSTCM and Eight Branches Academy of Eastern Medicine in the theory of TCM, Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. He is also very passionate about his volunteer work with street youth and people with AIDS.
Richard has a strong commitment to Tai Chi and Qi Gong, which he has practiced for over 15 years. For the promotion of health and the prevention of disease, he teaches Tai Chi at the downtown YMCA and in the Beaches.
Currently, he is the Senior Advisor of TCM & Acupuncture at AIM Academy. He also teaches Fundamentals of TCM, Acupuncture Technique and is a clinic supervisor.
In 2008, he started Simple Cures - a Chinese Medicine centre and has been in private practice in The Beaches and Vaughan. Richard believes that a simple lifestyle promotes better health; he strives to empower his patients to become more proactive with their own healthcare.