Shiatsu 101: A Beginner's Guide to Shiatsu Therapy with T'Agyol
Interested in learning simple but effective techniques to improve health and aid in relaxation? If so, this is the course for you!
Shiatsu is a popular style of Japanese Bodywork that can help you to maintain better health and ease the aches and stresses of daily life. This introductory course will teach you how to provide and receive a full shiatsu massage treatment using correct shiatsu therapeutic massage techniques through hands on practice.
Students will learn:
- the history of shiatsu and traditional Chinese medicine
- basic shiatsu theory, holding pressure, point location and reasons for triggering those points in relation to overall health benefits.
- treatment plans which are designed for various conditions affecting the following areas: back, neck and shoulder pain, head, arms, legs and feet
- self shiatsu techniques
- meditation, breathing exercises which promote better overall health
- meridian stretches which are taught to shiatsu student therapists. These stretches are designed to help increase circulation in the body both blood and energy levels are positively effected.
- health and wellness tips for the future
- pair work is required for practical learning
We highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning about well being, balanced lifestyle, shiatsu techniques and becoming more in tune with the body and mind connection.
Monday, July 31st, 2023 - Friday, August 4th, 2023 from 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Cost: $525.00 + HST
AIM Students & Alumni: $400 + HST (Students and Alumni please call 416-323-1818 ext. 202 or email email@example.com to register!)
In Person at AIM Academy
455 Spadina Ave, Suite 300, Toronto ON, M5S 2G8
Payment & Registration
Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard, in person using cash or interac, or online through etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call 416-323-1818 ex. 200 to register. Registrations are taken on a first come, first serve basis. Register early to avoid disappointment.Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made by the student on or before two weeks prior to the course start date will result in a $50 + HST cancellation fee. Student cancellations made after that date will not receive a refund.
With African roots and Canadian branches, (T’agyol) Daniel Adler has been offering Traditional Asian Medicine treatments in Toronto for the past 23 years. Trained in Zen Shiatsu, Acupuncture and Kampo (Japanese Herbal Medicine) he is proud and excited to be teaching this Shiatsu Introductory Programme.
In clinic, Daniel works with a wide range of conditions ranging from musculoskeletal pain and stress to more specific concerns around digestion and menstruation. He also has a large amount of experience treating martial artists and athletes and the injuries that they endure. Daniel is known for his ability to connect deeply with his patients and for his strong commitment to facilitating healing on all levels of his patients’ being.
As an instructor, Daniel is known for his enthusiasm for zen shiatsu and his ability to make the work practical and accessible for his students. He strongly believes that zen shiatsu is a constantly evolving and living practice which derives it’s strength and beauty through simple, fundamental techniques and strong, heartfelt connection.